Thursday, March 5, 2009

Work: Bored.

It has been about 3 weeks since I started working at the hotel, and it has been going great. I have been learning a lot from what goes on in the hotel business, both on and off the floor. But lately I just have been working almost everyday, 40 hours this week and next week, and then after that I go to Vegas again, this time for my Mom's birthday. We'll be staying at the Palazzo, the new hotel from the Venetian owner Sheldon Adelson. So I am pretty excited about that, finally make some real money and spend some at the Hold'em tables in Vegas. Currently, it has been pretty dead on the weekdays, and on the weekends just crazy, because our lounge turns into a small club on Friday's and Saturday's. Its weird though, even on the weekdays, it will be dead one minute, then the next minute it is just crazy. Its like 5 things to do at once, checking guests in, trying to book reservations and sending out faxes at the same time, then sometimes before work around 9 a.m. or after work at 11 p.m., I have a conference meeting. I never expected doing any of this for front desk, but I am not complaining, as busy as it can get and as frustrated I can be sometimes, I am enjoying the experience and happy with what I am learning through out my days at work. Where I spend my mornings and nights 1-2 days a week.

1 comment:

Kenny said...

good to hear man. dude u be goin to vegas hella lot lol. good shit tho.