Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael Jackon Passes Away at Age 50.

I didnt find out until my friend George asked me on Facebook "is the King of Pop really dead?" I checked on Yahoo news, and it hit me hard. I told my Mom about it and at first she was confused, then we turned on the t.v., almost every news and entertainment channel had coverage on it. I was so shocked to hear about his passing, at first I thought it was some publicity stunt, and it was just hard to believe since his comeback concert was starting soon. It definitely made a big impact on me, almost as if I lost a close friend. Michael Jackson is not only a person who is named as the "King of Pop," but literally a person who has changed the meaning of dance and song. I dont think there is anyone who can define gravity as he does while singing. He took styles of dances such as popping and gliding, and completely took his own rhythm/concept and has changed the way people view of what is really clean, fresh and sharp moves. He has definitely inspired, motivated, influenced and shown people that magic is real, especially on stage with his dynamic performances. The man can definitely sing, every song you hear with Michael Jackson's voice, is a sound that anyone in the whole world can recognize and move their heads and shoulders with it. Its almost as if his name was a genre/subject. I am very lucky to have lived in a generation of Michael Jackson, viewing with my own two eyes and ears of a man who sings and dances like no other, where he could perform the same song 10 times in a row in one day, and you could never get enough of it. I am very lucky to have lived in a time of Michael Jackson. With all the issues that he has been through, and all the controversies that have been made about him, they should not even matter with the things he has given the world. His gift in dancing and vocals is something you cannot take away from him, because he has used his gift and given back to many others. This is a man I have listened to since I was 6 years old, watching him move as if you thought twice about it being computer, but it was all real, it was all him. The artists that I listen to and follow these days, are people who have obtained talent through watching Michael Jackson, he has definitely create another path in the music world, creating a whole new chapter in the history of music. Yahoo! News: Jackson also had a huge fan base in Seoul, South Korea, where his style and dance moves were widely emulated by Korean pop stars.

"He is my master and the prime mover to make me dance," pop star Rain told the South Korean sports and entertainment daily Ilgan Sports. "Even though he is dead, he is an eternal performer."

Rest In Peace Michael Jackson.

No comments: